September 23, 2008

Q Out, John Doe In

I don't know if you noticed but I didn't mention anything about One Tree Hill last week. That was because I didn't watch OTH last week. Q got shot the week before and I knew they were having his funeral last week and I just couldn't bring myself to watch it knowing it'd make me cry.

So last night I doubled up and watched "Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly" and "Bridge Over Troubled Water" back to back. Now I'm out of Kleenex.

I'm going to miss Robbie Jones' Q very much because while I thought the kid was a right ass when they first brought him on, he ended up being one of my favorite things about the show and I cannot imagine anyone having more chemistry with Jackson Brundage (the little boy who plays Jamie) than Robbie Jones. But they handled his death quite well on the show, and if they had just left out all of that ridiculous Crazy Carrie shit, and stopped having everyone pretend they're stupid (there is no other explanation for why they'd believe Brooke received all those bruises - some of them in the shape of fingers AROUND HER ARM - from falling down the stairs), I would have had no complaints about these last two episodes at all.

His departure apparently left room in the budget for them to have John Doe stop by. Please raise your hand if you DON'T think he's Peyton's bio-dad. Yeah, thought so. Anyway, John Doe is 9 kinds of awesome so I was glad to see him in Tree Hill and especially glad he brought his guitar. Dude strums one lovely tune. I don't believe I've seen him on TV since he was Liz's dad, Jeff Parker, on Roswell. I think this might be an improvement but sometimes it's really hard to tell.


Now if we can just get through next week's Crazy Carrie-centric show, I think we might be back on the road to OTH being the best guilty pleasure on TV. Maybe.

No comments: