August 14, 2008

I thought everyone knew that.

A recent conversation:

Me: How was dinner with [Boyfriend's] kids?

Aunt: Ok. His daughter was as unpleasant as she always is.

Me: But this was the first time you'd met his son right?

Aunt: Yeah.

Me: So, is he any nicer than she is?

Aunt: Yeah. But he's got some weird interests.

Me: Like what?

Aunt: I don't know. He talked a lot about...just...like, do you know what zombies eat?

Me: Brains. Why?

Aunt: You just answered that like it was a perfectly normal question.

Me: Well, I mean, it was an unexpected question but it's not like it was crazy or anything.

Aunt: 'What do zombies eat?' is not a crazy question to you?

Me: No.

Aunt: And how do you KNOW what zombies eat?

Me: I don't know. Doesn't everyone know that?

Aunt: NO! Everyone definitely does NOT know what zombies eat.

My Mom: What are you guys talkin' about?

Aunt: Do you know what zombies eat?

Mom: Zombies?

Aunt: Yes.

Mom: Why would I know that?

Aunt: SEE! It's a crazy question!

Me: It doesn't seem that crazy to me. Anyway, what does that have to do with dinner.

Aunt: He just talked a lot about zombies.

Me: Huh...that's weird.

Aunt: That's weird but knowing what they eat like it's common knowledge isn't?

Me: I watch a lot of TV and movies, zombies get talked about. They eat brains.

Mom: You worry me.

Me: They also move very slowly and are very stupid. You know, just in case you're ever attacked by any, that's important to know.

Aunt: I should give you the son's number.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're they move very slowly comment just cracked me up! Ahhh I miss conversations with you!