April 28, 2008

Maddening Monday

Just wanted to mention a few things I'm finding irritating today:

The woman in the office who sent me an e-mail on Friday asking me to schedule a conference room for her. I replied telling her it was done and asking her, very nicely, to do it herself in the future. She responded this morning with a note that said "it's easier for me to have you do it so I can multi-task at my desk." What she doesn't seem to understand is that it's not my job to make her life easier.

The assistant who uses the video conferencing at least once a month asks me every time to show her how to use the system because she can't remember. When I showed her this afternoon she said "I don't want to do it that way." And then proceeded to move things all around the room with the camera pointed RIGHT AT MY DESK, get the other folks on the line and then walk away so they were just sitting there watching me type.

I have book club tonight and while I love book club, I just realized that all of a sudden, Monday is, like, the best night for TV. Bones and Booth are getting a baby; Jerry O'Connell is Sam's date; House's man-crush on Wilson persists; Barney does something awesome; Lindsey is back in Tree Hill for Jamie's birthday party; and the mysterious "G" pops up on the Upper East Side in the form of one Michelle "Dawn Summers" Trachtenberg. Bones, Samantha Who?, House, How I Met Your Mother, One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl - all having new episodes on the one night of the month I have un-changeable plans, what are the odds?

No comments: