June 3, 2011

The Dog Days of Summer Television

This was the first real week of summer television programming and so far it's looking like I'll have more free time this summer than I'd originally anticipated. 


So You Think You Can Dance - Season 8 is shaping up to be just as enjoyable as every other season.  They've dialed back the crazy in the audition episodes so far.  Or rather they've dialed back the number of deluded attention seeking auditioners that they're giving air time to and have replaced it with crazy in the form of some insanely liberal use of the "straight to Vegas" ticket by the judges.  Matrix Lady?  Nearly Naked Guy? No. Just, no. 


Franklin & Bash - I'm not sure that I even gave it a fair shot because I only watched 11 minutes of the show but mid-way through those 11 minutes a witness in court removed her top, stood up, turned toward the jury, grabbed her breasts and started jiggling them around.  It didn't really deserve a "fair shot" after that. 


Love Bites - I have no idea what this show is supposed to be about.  I guess it was intended to be loosely-intertwined vignettes about...trying to get laid.  It wasn't funny.  It wasn't all that interesting.  It was just jumbled and confusing and not good.  There are several very charming actors in this show but all of them deserve better than this. 

I have high hopes for the ABC Family and USA shows.  They just have to be better than what TNT and NBC have to offer so far. 

No comments: