August 25, 2010

Ow! My Eyes!


Oh my God in Heaven! There are so many things happening with this outfit that I almost don't know where to start telling her what's wrong with it.

I'm not against mixing patterns by any means because I think that can be really fun. But they should really be patterns that are enjoyable in and of themselves for starters. They should also be patterns that have some tangential relationship to each other - like a similar or complementary color scheme for example. Hardly anything in the world should be accessorized as heavily as this but most especially not anything that is, itself, very busy. And finally, whatever you're wearing should fit you in a way that shows off the very best things about you rather than making your perfectly lovely figure look appallingly unattractive.

This outfit fails on every single level.

No comments: