August 26, 2010

New To Me


Last night I watched my first episode of Castle. What did I think of it? So glad you asked!

It was a fine show with an extremely charming lead in Nathan Fillion. It reminds me a LOT of Bones and while I can't be completely sure based on one episode, I think Bones is better. Not that Fillion isn't enough reason to watch it all on his own, because he kind of is. But I didn't have that "why haven't I been watching this all along!?" moment that I like a show to give me when I pick it up mid-stream. I got that from Alias half way through it's first season. I got it from Buffy the Vampire Slayer a month or so into it's third season. I got it from The Big Bang Theory the summer between seasons 2 and 3. The Closer, Leverage, NCIS, The Mentalist, I could go on and on naming shows that hooked me with a single episode. Castle isn't going to make that list. But if there is another night when everything I watch has a night off and Castle is on, I probably will watch it again.


No comments: