May 24, 2010

Weekend in Reviews

The Invention of Lying - The movie clocks in at just under 2 hours and yet I could have sworn entire days came and went it was that boring. The premise of the movie is funny enough and there were several things about the movie that should have been so much funnier than they were but between the repetitive nature of the joke and the forced sentimentality, it just didn't work.

Believe me when I tell you that I really wanted to like it which made my indifference very disappointing.

Fame - I haven't seen the original Fame (movie or TV series) in many, many years so I don't really remember it all that well. What I do remember are the many zillions of dance movies I've seen since original Fame and therefore I can tell you that this remake is exactly what you'd get if Center Stage and Step Up had a love child that was exactly half as awesome as either one of it's parents.

I can't believe that Kehrington Payne and her 3 lines of dialogue got second billing! I love me some SYTYCD alums but holy shit is that a travesty.

No comments: