March 24, 2010

Jokes On Us

Last night I walked out of the bathroom fresh from my pre-bed routine (washing face, brushing teeth, etc.) and was greeted by the last half of Justin Bieber's performance on The Late Show With David Letterman. I was struck dumb immediately and when it was over I stood there wondering who exactly it is playing this very elaborate practical joke on the world.

It was a pseudo-rap song by a pre-pubescent white boy that included the word "playground" being performed on a talk show that airs at 11:35pm/10:35pm Central time and no less than three times during the portion of the performance that I saw, he implored the audience to sing along with him and acted as though he fully expected they'd follow his command.

I still can not really form the words to properly express my confusion over his fame.

No comments: