November 13, 2009

Carnival Mirrors

So I used to be pretty thin. Thin enough that I wouldn't think twice about wearing something that showed 2/3 of my midriff or shorts that nearly showed under-butt (NEARLY!). And then I got fat.
But it's not like weight gain happens over night - you don't go to bed thin and wake up fat. You put on a couple of pounds here and there for a few years and the next thing you know, you're a heavy person where a thin person used to be.

By then though, you've been used to dressing like a thin person all this time and it's difficult to stop buying the same cuts, the same styles...sometimes the same sizes that you're used to. Maybe you're in denial or maybe you still think that it's acceptable for a weighty chick to show her newer curves. Whatever the reason, it's a shining beacon telling the whole world "I used to be thin...I'm not anymore!"


I understand the problem, believe me. So I'm not judging Mariah Carey, I'm just saying that I hope she realizes she isn't the same size she used to be sooner than later. Because squeezing herself into these old skinny-girl clothes are making her look a lot heavier than she actually is.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Her body in that dress looks A LOT better than MY body in that dress!!! LOL

Melissa said...

Well mine too but...doesn't mean it looks as good as it USED TO in that dress.

Everytime I look at her boobs in that thing, I hear the line from Steel Magnolias where Olympia Dukakis says "looks like two pigs, fighting under a blanket!"