February 4, 2009

Little Of This, Little Of That

Last night I was watching an episode of The Mentalist, which I don't usually watch but since I'm house sitting for my parents and they have it on season pass, I thought I'd check it out. I mean, Simon Baker right, so how bad could it be? It is not bad at all. However, during one scene in particular the most horrifying thing happened.

Two detectives are sitting in a car on a bit of a stakeout. One detective says to the other "are you thinking what I'm thinking?" to which detective number two quickly replied "no."

"How do you know?" asked Number One. "Because I was thinking how I wish I could go back in time and have sex with my 8th grade teacher, Mrs. Huffaker" Number Two answered.

I know I don't have to tell Heather and Lynda why that's horrifying but for the rest of you: our high school English teacher was Mrs. Huffaker (we often referred to her as "The Bun") - she was about 75 years old when we were in school and she continued to teach for several years after we left. She used to wear a sweater that looked like an old bath mat, she walked down the rows of desks with one hip jutting way out in front of her, she never smiled and she clearly put her hair up in a bun on Monday morning and then kept it there the rest of the week without so much as a touch-up so that by the end of the week it was loose and with a ton of hair sticking out from her head all around it...she was a very scary broad.

I would have turned the show off immediately had it not been for Simon Baker. Mmmm, Simon Baker.


I also watched NCIS last night which was a rerun and that made me wonder - if NCIS is a rerun on February 3rd and Gossip Girl won't have a new episode on again until March, what the hell ever happened to February Sweeps? Remember when you could ALWAYS count on the biggest, best and, failing that, at least NEW episodes of all of your favorite shows airing in November, February and May? Good times.

Last but certainly not least I watched Fringe last night. Any time there is shit happening with people's teeth, I find it too upsetting to watch so there were a couple of scenes I had to turn away from but all in all, a good episode. And I know I've said this before, but I'm going to say it a zillion more times before I'm dead so get used to it, Josh Jackson is so dreamy!

No comments: