September 17, 2008

Things I Learned While Watching Fringe

  • Accelerated aging is icky, accelerated pregnancy is downright gross.
  • There is a fine line between helpfully reminding the audience who everyone is and condescending to us all like this is the first time we've seen moving pictures. Having Walter continually introduce himself to the characters he's already met half a dozen times in each episode crosses the line and is highly annoying. We get it, he's crazy, now just have someone else in the cast say Farnsworth's name when they address her next time would ya?
  • Blair Brown is bad-ass.
  • I can watch all manner of nasty shit and be a-ok but as soon as they involve an eyeball, I'm totally squicked!
  • There can never ever be enough Peter in any episode and if they want to continue to find reasons for Peter to be in his underwear, so much the better. On a related note, Josh Jackson totally needs to come to my house and sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" to me every night.
  • I would really like them to start incorporating the glyphs into the show rather than just having them be bumpers in and out of commercial breaks.
  • Fakey science continues to thrill me.
  • I love the way they are ending each episode with something unsettling. First the Massive Dynamic commercial in the pilot and now the blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot of what I think are cultivated soldiers.

No comments: