April 9, 2008

Public Restroom Etiquette

I find myself wondering why this isn't just common sense but obviously it isn't so here goes - there is a rule that I think many, many people need to be made aware of: when using a public restroom, it's your responsibility to make sure that one flush is enough!

Seriously, when you're in need of the facilities, you know you check the toilets before you pick one to make sure that the person before you has fully completed the job. No one wants to use a public toilet when the evidence of its last inhabitant is staring them in the face! So it stands to reason that the next person isn't going to want to sit if you've left some of your visit behind either. Which is why I don't understand why people don't hang around to make sure that after the first flush has finished, another isn't required to put your business fully behind you.

The bathrooms at my office have the most ridiculous flushes ever - some of the toilets barely flush at all while others flush with such vigor that they spray the entire stall (which is a whole other kind of gross I don't even have the time to go into) - so maybe people who can get the job done with one flush at home just assume the same goes here and therefore don't bother to pay any attention, but holy Moses in a pumpkin patch, it ain't gettin' the job done here and you need to check the bowl before you exit the stall people!

My last trip to the restroom, which holds a DOZEN stalls, found only ONE without left-overs and that was the one with the spraying toitty which I refuse to use on the grounds that I don't want to spend the rest of my day with sprinkles of my own tinkle all the hell over me.

The double flush people - learn it, live it, LOVE IT!!!

No comments: