February 18, 2010

Happy Birthday

Molly Ringwald, star of my favorite movie of all time - Sixteen Candles - turns 42 today. When I was much younger (and Molly Ringwald was much closer to her Brat Pack hey-day), so many people used to tell me I looked like her. I never saw it myself, but I was always very flattered.

While looking for just the right picture to post on this occasion, I found this:





Not sure what's going on there or why that wasn't in the movie but that's totally how I always pictured life being for Sam and Jake the morning after her birthday. All cute and couple-y. Seriously, 2 plus decades later and Jake Ryan is still the dreamiest boy ever.





Oh, and it's worth mentioning that Molly and John Hughes shared a birthday. He would have been 60 today.



(I thought about cropping Michael Schoeffling out of that last picture but that seemed blasphemous so he's a bonus.)

No comments: