January 5, 2010

I'm Not (Too) Ashamed

When I was doing my Reviews post yesterday I failed to mention that I also watched A Perfect Getaway again (on DVD this time) over the weekend. I failed to mention it because frankly, I was kind of embarrassed that I gave it a second viewing after not liking it much the first time.

My second time through I liked it even less and, since I knew the "twist" this time, I was particularly critical of some of the misdirection that was over-done specifically to throw us off the scent but then didn't make sense in the end. That said, I liked Kiele Sanchez even more upon second viewing so I guess it wasn't a total waste.

Anyway, the movie has a few redeeming qualitings that prompted me to fess up to my repeat viewing. Those qualities are as follows:

1) Timothy Olyphant and Kiele Sanchez. It's not like bad acting is the problem in this movie at all, but Sanchez really is quite good and I am a huge fan of Olyphant's acting in everything (and believe me, I've enjoyed him in some movies I really hated).



2) Timothy Olyphant's arms. And his face of course, because he's unbelievably attractive even with every bit of his body covered, but he spends a good deal of the movie wearing this sleeveless shirt and...sigh!


3) Chris Hemsworth. Again, the acting in this movie is pretty good in general so I'm not going to try and convince you that he's turning in an above-average performance here, but he definitely had me convinced he was creepy and maybe a little dangerous. But mostly, I appreciated his unwavering commitment to being smoking hot and shirtless for the teeny, tiny bits of the movie he was in.



4) Timothy Olyphant's body. He walks shirtless on the beach...



...and mere seconds before this scene here, he strips naked and gives all and sundry a marvelous view of his perfect derriere. I believe I'd rent this one again just for that.

No comments: