September 30, 2008

Skimming the Surface

I've been busy so I haven't had time to say much the last few days even though there has been a ton to talk about - presidential debates, celebrity deaths, economic crises, DVD marathons, closet overhauls, TiVo disappointments, books, and a New Kids On The Block Behind the Music that made me want to cry. I still don't have time to cover it all so I'm skipping most of it.

Sad news about Paul Newman, and my condolences are with his family. I hope that Congress pulls it's collective head out of it's collective ass and approves some measure to help mend the economy before America is no longer a super power of any kind but rather the punchline to a very depressing joke. I might comment on debates after the Veeps have their turn this Friday, but too much time has passed since McCain lost to Obama last Friday. I'm totally going to cover my recent DVD marathon at another time...probably when it's complete. You're as caught up as is necessary.

Now on to the important stuff for today: Gossip Girl gave an awesome shout-out to the Fug Girls last night (that'd be Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan) and the episode was pretty good too. I wish Chuck wouldn't have found out Dan's motives for befriending him because I was really starting to look forward to a man-love triangle between where Dan and Nate were fighting over who got to be Chuck's BFF.

One Tree Hill finally put the Crazy Carrie story in the ground but not before they beat it's putrid, rotting corpse with a shovel and a magnum of champagne. Good riddance to bad rubbish I say. Now someone tell me why Brooke wouldn't have asked Milly what's up with Mouth, or why it took Peyton so long to realize that John Doe was her dad. I am torn about what I think Nathan should do with the job offer and whether or not this Crazy Carrie business has made me sort of like Dan enough that I no longer wish he'd die. It's a confusing time for me.

Finally, Ryan Reynolds is officially off the market, having wed Boobs McGee over the weekend. Congrats to to the McGee-Reynoldses, may this be a happy first marriage for you both.

No comments: