February 27, 2008

Whatever happens to be on my mind

Several years ago, two of my aunts, my mother and I were having lunch when Aunt Wacky told us that she thought she had mice. She said she'd set traps and put out poison and never actually caught any of them but she insisted she could hear them moving around in the walls or behind the 'fridge even though she never actually saw one. She said "they sound big. They're not even mice, they're rats. But they're like...ghosts!" That's when Aunt Thrifty replied quizzically "you think you have phantom rats?"

That's when I decided that if I ever started an all-girl punk band I'd name it Phantom Rats.

Saddly I have no musical ability and I'm far too old to pull off "punk". But Phantom Rats is still an awesome name and, really, blogs are the new punk bands anyway so here we are.

I don't have kids, I'm not married, this isn't really to keep you up to date on my life, it's just a place for me to spout off about whatever random things pop into my head. You should brace yourself for a lot of television- and movie-related crap.

No comments: