February 28, 2008

Springtime In Theaters

January through April is, historically, when studios dump their low-brow movies into the laps of the American public. Theaters are full of Norbit's and Semi-Pro's this time of year. But there are some upcoming releases that I'm really looking forward to:

Stop Loss - I've always thought that Ryan Phillippe was coasting through his career on good looks, smart choices and a great agent. I've thought very little of his acting talents over the years, but I've seen the trailer twice now and been impressed. It's the way he didn't just adopt the Texas accent but also changed the register of his voice. The story seems compelling as well, not to mention the inclusion of Joseph Gordon Leavitt bodes well. And I suppose you could do worse than a couple of hours worth of Channing Tatum's pretty face.

The Bank Job - Because I would (and have - Crank anyone? Ugh!) watch Jason Statham in ANYTHING, especially if it's action. He's so beautiful and bald and British. And beautiful.

Leatherheads - George Clooney and John Krasinsky are both so funny and cute that I don't even care that Renee Squintweger co-stars.

Shutter - I didn't even know this movie existed until about 30 seconds ago when I was surfing the internet looking for the list of movies scheduled to release in the coming weeks. I read the description and thought "pass!" but then noticed that it stars my future husband, Joshua Jackson. So I'll have to see that.

Speaking of Josh, I just read that he was hand-picked by the genius J.J. Abrams to star in his new television series, Fringe, as a scientist. I'm just saying...he's awesome and I'm glad that people are casting him in things. Especially things that are likely to be better than Shutter.

Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day - Amy Adams. Nuff said.

And of course, I'm going to see Definitely, Maybe this weekend. If it doesn't work out with Josh and I, Ryan Reynolds will be my second husband. I love Canadians!

No comments: